Port-Au-Prince Climate & Temperature
- Port-Au-Prince, Haiti is at 18°22'N, 72°19'W, 41 m (135 ft). See map.
- Port-Au-Prince has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Port-Au-Prince is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 28.1 degrees Celsius (82.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3.5 °C (6.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1353 mm (53.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1353 Litres/m² (33.19 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3115 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Port-Au-Prince you would come out nearest to the climate station at Learmonth, Australia where you would find a Subtropical desert climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Port-Au-Prince, Haiti Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Monte Cristi, Dominican Republic - 181.6 kms (112.8 miles) NNE
- Villa Vasquez, Dominican Republic - 177.3 kms (110.2 miles) NNE
- Dajabon, Dominican Republic - 150.8 kms (93.7 miles) NNE
- Santiago R., Dominican Republic - 159.9 kms (99.4 miles) NE
- Moncion, Dominican Republic - 169.7 kms (105.4 miles) NE
- San J. Matas, Dominican Republic - 182 kms (113.1 miles) NE
- Constanz, Dominican Republic - 181.4 kms (112.7 miles) ENE
- Restauracion, Dominican Republic - 83.9 kms (52.1 miles) ENE
- San Juan, Dominican Republic - 128.1 kms (79.6 miles) ENE
- Hondo Valle, Dominican Republic - 78.9 kms (49 miles) ENE
- El Cercado, Dominican Republic - 93.6 kms (58.1 miles) ENE
- Azua, Dominican Republic - 162.3 kms (100.8 miles) E
- Neyba, Dominican Republic - 98.9 kms (61.5 miles) E
- Tamayo, Dominican Republic - 119.3 kms (74.1 miles) E
- Duverge, Dominican Republic - 85.8 kms (53.3 miles) E
- Jimani, Dominican Republic - 51.3 kms (31.9 miles) E
- Barahona, Dominican Republic - 131.8 kms (81.9 miles) E
- Polo, Dominican Republic - 117.3 kms (72.9 miles) ESE
- Pedernales, Dominican Republic - 74.9 kms (46.5 miles) ESE